[support] form displaying results & tablesort (5.X)

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Apr 17 13:52:09 UTC 2008

Having FAPI I'd like to avoid to use $_GET directly.

I've a form that display the result of a search.
The technique is similar to:
http://jeff.viapositiva.net/drupal/dynamic-forms
or
http://www.lullabot.com/articles/drupal_5_making_forms_that_display_their_own_results

the trick is that $form_values are still available... but
1) it seems I can't use get method
2) not being able to use get method, if the result of the form
contains a tablesorted table, once you sort the table clicking on a
column despite the fact the values are all in the url... $form_values
is empty.

Of course I could use $_GET array in place of the $form_values
array... but this miss the use of FAPI (validation, token...).
Is there a neater approach?

Did some of these use case get better in D6?

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it