[support] Prefill body textarea at node creation

Jim Smith jsmith at wate.com
Fri Apr 25 21:31:41 UTC 2008

Check out the Prepopulate module.

http://drupal.org/project/prepopulate

It might be what you are seeking.

jns

-----Original Message-----
From: support-bounces at drupal.org [mailto:support-bounces at drupal.org] On
Behalf Of Vasileios Lourdas
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 5:28 PM
To: Drupal support list
Subject: [support] Prefill body textarea at node creation

Hi,

Is there a module that has functionality similar to contemplate, but
instead of modifying the teaser/body after the node creation and during
the node's display, the body textarea is prefilled with the text of my
choice? What I need to have is when a user visits the node/add page, the
body textarea must be prefilled with text that has been set somewhere in
the administration area. For this particular application, this text will
be a pair of signatures and since there will be a number of nodes using
these signatures, I figured out that a good solution was to have the
body textarea prefilled with the appropriate html snippet. It will be
the user's preference to keep it or delete it.

I hope that makes sense.
--
# Vasileios Lourdas,
# Informatics Engineer, Thessaloniki (Greece) # http://www.lourdas.name