[support] Drupal's Audio Module and Accessibility to Screen Readers

Stuart Lawler stuart.lawler at visionline.ie
Sun Apr 27 19:23:08 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've been trying to set up the Audio module to run on my website. I'm
currently using Drupal 5.7. However, I have discovered that the built-in
players that ship with this module are inaccessible to screenreaders and
therefore, as a blind user, I can't access the audio that I upload, nor can
any other blind visitors to my site.

I am particularly looking to add audio posts to my blog.

My question therefore, is there a way that the audio module can instead
generate a playlist file like an m3u file, that would open in the user's
player of choice?

Kind Regards,

Stuart Lawler.