[support] I18n questions and troubles

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Apr 28 17:49:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:38:46 +0100
"Pierre <pounard> Rineau" <pounard at processus.org> wrote:

> Thank you all,
>
> After all, I choosed the two-menu solution. I will maintain two
> menus in parallel, one for each configured language, solution that
> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo seems to recommand.

I didn't recommend that route. I just pointed out it is one of the
available and you've to take into account delegating responsibility
to edit menu and the return of having path translated.
I actually did follow the other route.
It would be nice to have some stats on how much paths have an impact
on SEO and how many people use urls to remember sections of a website.

I use direct urls typing to stroll around sites I'm developing but I'd
say that if people have to remember url to navigate a website,
navigation should be improved.
So I'd be more concerned about SEO... but if you've a hierarchy of
100 items in a menu and thousands articles... I wouldn't think those
hundred links will have a relevant impact over SEO.

Just hot air unsupported by any stats anyway, it would be nice to
have some supported opinion.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it