[support] Updating Modules [WAS: Removing Modules]

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 30 12:35:48 UTC 2008

Quoting Brian Choc <bchoc at t4tcolorado.org>:

> I just noticed something a bit weird(er) that feels correlated, to me.
> The Update Status module is not acknowledging updates.  So, even though
> I have updated to 2.2 of Pathauto, for instance, it is still telling me
> I am running the previous version and that I need to update to 2.2.
>
> Before I start yanking things out of the DB by hand, I thought I'd ask
> if anyone else has faced anything similar or has ideas?  Changes in
> removals of modules are simply not registering.

What does "SELECT system.schema_version FROM system WHERE name =
'pathauto';" return?  Looking at the difference of pathauto.install
from CVS it appears to not be in line with the documented usage of
hook_install[1] and hook_update_N[2].  Open a support or bug request as
appropriate with pathauto[3].

[1] http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_install/5 [2]
http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_update_N/5
[3] http://drupal.org/node/add/project_issue/pathauto