[support] Updating Modules [WAS: Removing Modules]

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Wed Apr 30 13:47:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Earnie Boyd
<earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Quoting Brian Choc <bchoc at t4tcolorado.org>:
>
>  > I just noticed something a bit weird(er) that feels correlated, to me.
>  > The Update Status module is not acknowledging updates.  So, even though
>  > I have updated to 2.2 of Pathauto, for instance, it is still telling me
>  > I am running the previous version and that I need to update to 2.2.

I just tried download 5.x-2.2 to a site (I usually run the 5.x-2.x-dev
version...) and it worked fine for me, so I'm not sure this is a
Pathauto problem per se.

>  >
>  > Before I start yanking things out of the DB by hand, I thought I'd ask
>  > if anyone else has faced anything similar or has ideas?  Changes in
>  > removals of modules are simply not registering.

>  What does "SELECT system.schema_version FROM system WHERE name =
>  'pathauto';" return?  Looking at the difference of pathauto.install
>  from CVS it appears to not be in line with the documented usage of
>  hook_install[1] and hook_update_N[2].  Open a support or bug request as
>  appropriate with pathauto[3].

Can you state the specific practice that is "not in line" in your
opinion?  I (re)read the documentation you linked to and don't see any
problems.

Answer here or in the issue queue.

Thanks,
Greg