[support] 404 blank page

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 10 12:59:35 UTC 2008

Quoting David Rothstein <drothstein at gmail.com>:

> Not sure how your site is set up exactly, but blocks in Drupal do not
> show up on 404 pages, and this is by design (for performance reasons).
> It's either a feature or a bug, depending on who you talk to :)
>
> So if you have lots of your content in blocks, that would explain it.
>
> There's a lot of discussion here (http://drupal.org/node/129762) and
> here (http://drupal.org/node/116895)... you might be able to find a
> solution that would work for you in those threads.

And as has been discussed, should be an option the admin can either
turn on or off.  The problem I found with no blocks is the user is left
feeling helpless at trying to figure out what to do next.  With the
blocks the user has a menu of options.

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/