[support] Drupal API - Create user

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 11 22:52:10 UTC 2008

Quoting Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at zmsl.com>:

> Earnie Boyd wrote:
>>> 3) If I want to make a custom script that uses the Drupal API, which
>>> file do I need to include? I can't just include "user.module", clearly
>>> that file depends on others.
>>
>> You need to include "./includes/bootstrap.inc" and then execute
>> drupal_bootstrap(DRUPAL_BOOTSTRAP_FULL).  The Drupal root directory
>> must be your working directory before doing this.
>
> Ok, thanks. Can I put the program in a different directory and chdir()
> to the Drupal root?

Yes.  I created a function for this I called drupalize that checks for
the includes/bootstrap.php file else backs up another directory.  I
then know I'm in the root directory.

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/