[support] Multiple sites using subfolders

John Fletcher net at twoedged.org
Thu Dec 11 16:19:46 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I'd like to set up multiple sites using subfolders.  Basically the client
wants their site in multiple languages, but doesn't want to attempt to
synchronise the various sites and pages between the languages or do anything
that the content translation/i18n modules offer.

So I want a bunch of independent sites in a multi-site setup.  This could
easily be achieved using domains like www.example.com, de.example.com,
fr.example.com etc.

The question is, can I do the same thing putting the sites at:
www.example.com, www.example.com/de, www.example.com/fr.

This guy explains the same problem quite well http://drupal.org/node/30857,
but then the rest of the thread seems to lose track of the task and not give
a decent answer.

(it might be easier to understand the question if you forget about i18n
altogether and just consider the question of putting multiple sites in
subfolders).

Thanks,

John