[support] Some advice needed on setting up a new site

Marc Morris marc at cultmovieforums.com
Mon Dec 15 18:17:56 UTC 2008

I've just been asked to build a site which will list just over 5,000
movies. I currently have all the info in a Filemaker database.

What I'm trying to work out is how best to go about getting the data
into Drupal.

Should I have each title as a node, or is there a much better way to
achieve this?

Basically each movie will have the following info:

Title
Director
Country
Year
Genre
Cast
Synopsis
Duration
Awards

some may in the future include a movie poster image or selected pix
from the film itself.

etc..

Each title will be linked to from a drop-down navigation menu which
will offer results displayed by GENRE or STUDIO etc. Clicking on a
director's or actor's name will bring a a list of search results too.

At this stage most of the titles can be displayed purely in a list
format, although I should allow for the option of a full page view
per title for the future.

I'm hoping someone out there could offer a little advice about the
best way to set the site up.

Thanks,

Marc