[support] theming -> comments link under nodes not showing up right

will hall will at theicarusproject.net
Tue Dec 16 15:52:11 UTC 2008

hi everyone, i could use some help here.

Drupal 6. On my audio nodes, i have links at the bottom for Download,
Play Count, and Add Comments.

There is nothing showing Number of Comments, or linking you to the
comments themselves.

There is an Add Comments link that takes you to the comments form, but,
again, doesn't show the comments.

So there is no way to know comments are there, unless you click on the
node title and view it alone, not on the homepage with other nodes.

With Theme Developer I have the following inspection data:

Drupal Themer Information
Parents: node.tpl.php < views-view-row-node.tpl.php <
views-view-unformatted.tpl.php < views-view.tpl.php < page.tpl.php

Function called:
     theme_links()
Candidate function names:
     alagna_links < phptemplate_links < marinelli_links < theme_links
Duration: 0.55 ms

SO my question is:

Are my settings off somewhere?
Can I edit node.tpl.php in the theme to add the proper links to the node?
Where is a guide to how to edit this? I've done a few things but am
basically a noob.

Thanks!

Will