[support] Upgrading Drupal

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 13:10:06 UTC 2008

Excellent! This goes without saying, and should be underlined three times:

1. Work with a test site (if necessary copy your production site over). It
can even be on your local development computer or laptop.
2. Backup the file system and a dump of the database all together as a
single snapshot of the production state.
3. Do the upgrade first on your test site. If all goes well, carry out the
same procedure on your production site. For same release upgrades (5.x to
5.y) the procedure is very quick.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar