[support] Drupal as a PHP development framework?

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 15:39:23 UTC 2008

You can use Drupal as such a framework, but it probably won't make
sense unless you either (1) already know Drupal and hence will save
time by using it, versus learning a new framework, or (2) intend to
use Drupal for something else anyway, in which case learning Drupal
only instead of Drupal plus another framework again saves you time.

As Victor Kane points out, it also depends on what you want to do.  If
it is similar enough to what Drupal and its contributed modules can
already do, it might be more efficient to use Drupal rather than a
more generic framework.

Otherwise, there are a number of other good frameworks out there you
could learn and use, and those frameworks might be more generalized
over the entire problem space of "PHP application building".

--
..chris