[support] Creating Simplest Instructions for Updating Single-Site D5 Site -- "delete sites directory"

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Sun Feb 3 19:51:56 UTC 2008

I'm trying to figure out the simplest instructions possible for someone
doing a point release upgrade on D5 (e.g. 5.6 - 5.7) who will not be doing
it from CVS. (I couldn't find it in the handbook a page which specifically
describes point release upgrades, I guess I missed it?)

My question is, Is it appropriate to recommend to someone performing a site
upgrade that they should just delete the sites directory from the fresh
distro they downloaded?

So the entire instructions would be.

1. back-up db
2. back up drupal directory
3. download tar ball
4. Untar tar ball
5. delete sites directory from fresh untarred drupal directory
6. Move all files and folders over to drupal directory on your site.
7. When FTP client says "okay to overwrite" say "yes" for all.

Let me know if this is correct.

Thanks,

Shai