[support] generating square thumbnails

Ivan Boothe lists at quixoticlife.net
Mon Feb 11 21:04:55 UTC 2008

I have to agree with sander-martijn here -- there IS a way to do it,
and it's imagecache. I use it on my sites and I love it.

http://quixoticlife.net/artgallery
http://ringsforever.com/classic-titanium-wedding-rings

sander said he uses it with thickbox; I use it with lightbox2 and it
also works very well. I learned all I needed to know about it from
Lullabot:

http://www.lullabot.com/articles/image_and_image_exact_sizes_vs_imagefield_and_imagecache
http://www.lullabot.com/articles/imagecache_example_user_profile_pictures

In this particular case, Xav wants to ALSO use acidfree, and in that
case, it's true, it doesn't seem like there's a ready-made solution.
But that seems like a pretty specific use case to me. Personally I
love imagecache, so I would focus more on integrating it with acidfree
than trying to roll something custom or waiting for media manager.

--ivan