[support] forcing a module's .install file to run

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Thu Feb 28 13:07:30 UTC 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008 4:21:07 am Neil: esl-lounge.com wrote:

> Yet, when I uploaded the module again and activated it, the forward.install
> fine evidently didn't run and there were no new tables added to the db. Is
> there something, some flag, elsewhere on the db that tells the system the
> tables have already been created and there's no need to do it again?? If
> so, how do I switch it off/delete a value to allow forward.install to run
> again?
>
> Neil

There is an entry in the system table for each module and theme that indicates
its current status, including its database schema version. Find and delete
the record for the module in question.

You could also use the devel module [1], which has a forced reinstall feature.
Just make sure you do it with the correct module.

[1] http://drupal.org/project/devel

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/