[support] Weird version problem

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Thu Feb 28 14:28:27 UTC 2008

All the sudden, my live site went from 5.7 to to 5.1.  I have been
trying to fix it last few days but to no avail.

I have 5.6 directory on the server in case something like this happens.
I swapped 5.7 directory with 5.6 backup directory, and it still saying
5.1.  I am totally puzzled.

- Ran update.php many times
- Emptied cache table
- Updated one of the modules under 5.6 backup directory, hoping it will
shock something (ha-ha) but to no avail.

The real directory is called "/music/" which is made root by:
    RewriteRule (.*) music/$1 [L]
I hope the way I setup isn't the culprit especially since this has been
working fine since last July.  I am no ;htaccess expert (or should I say
no web dev expert), and someone suggested this.  The reason why I didn't
want Drupal files on root is that would make update harder and I didn't
see any easy way to recover in case of emergency.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>