[support] Weird version problem

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Thu Feb 28 16:29:57 UTC 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008 6:28:27 am A-NO-NE Music wrote:
> All the sudden, my live site went from 5.7 to to 5.1.  I have been
> trying to fix it last few days but to no avail.
>
> I have 5.6 directory on the server in case something like this happens.
> I swapped 5.7 directory with 5.6 backup directory, and it still saying
> 5.1.  I am totally puzzled.
>
> - Ran update.php many times
> - Emptied cache table
> - Updated one of the modules under 5.6 backup directory, hoping it will
> shock something (ha-ha) but to no avail.

Do you have an installation of 5.1 on the same area? If so, see what is
pointing to that directory. If not, double check that you actually have 5.6
and/or 5.7 installed by looking at the module's .info files for the version
string.

> The real directory is called "/music/" which is made root by:
>     RewriteRule (.*) music/$1 [L]
> I hope the way I setup isn't the culprit especially since this has been
> working fine since last July.  I am no ;htaccess expert (or should I say
> no web dev expert), and someone suggested this.  The reason why I didn't
> want Drupal files on root is that would make update harder and I didn't
> see any easy way to recover in case of emergency.
>
> Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I would look to the web server configuration to make sure something didn't get
changed there. Maybe it's pointing to the wrong directory. Maybe there's a
redirect somewhere.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/