[support] User register form in 2 page or call my function for submit

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Jan 3 16:52:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:17:51 +0100
Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli <michel at ziobudda.net> wrote:

> Hi all. I want to modify the user registration in 2+ steps or
> better: I want that the form that new user use for registration
> (/user/register) is splitted in 2+ page.  This because via profile
> module I have added 15 new field.
>
> I know that I can write a form splitted in 2 page (I read "Pro
> Drupal Development), but I don't want to create the register form
> from zero.  I have tried to delete the $form['#submit'] value via
> hook_form() but with no results. Is there a way to do this without
> create a new module for user_register ?

What about alter_form + a redirect to another piece of registration?
But well no luck if you plan to still use profile.module and avoid to
write your own module.

My main concern about approaching this problem this way would be to
deal with core in a way that in the future may not be considered
kosher or break up once you add other modules etc...

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it