[support] User register form in 2 page or call my function for submit

Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli michel at ziobudda.net
Fri Jan 4 14:58:23 UTC 2008

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo ha scritto:
> On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:17:51 +0100
> Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli <michel at ziobudda.net> wrote:
>

>> Hi all. I want to modify the user registration in 2+ steps or
>> better: I want that the form that new user use for registration
>> (/user/register) is splitted in 2+ page.  This because via profile
>> module I have added 15 new field.
>>
>> I know that I can write a form splitted in 2 page (I read "Pro
>> Drupal Development), but I don't want to create the register form
>> from zero.  I have tried to delete the $form['#submit'] value via
>> hook_form() but with no results. Is there a way to do this without
>> create a new module for user_register ?
>>

> What about alter_form + a redirect to another piece of registration?
> But well no luck if you plan to still use profile.module and avoid to
> write your own module.

I have tried the "personal module", too. But there is a problem with the
possibile user error (like email present into DB) that are present in
one o more step back. How can I know in which step is the error ?

This is from my code (this function create the form):

function mw_ur_register2($form_values = NULL) {
    var_dump($form_values);
    echo "aaa";
    $form['#multistep'] = TRUE;

}

Note the "var_dump($form_values)": if I insert a wrong field it say me
that $forn_values is "NULL" however. So I have concluded that Drupal
create error messagge and alter form after that my function is called
(and this is correct because my function create the original form). So
split the user register in 2 page it's impossible. I think...

M.

Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       michel at ziobudda.net
Consulenza sistemistica in ambito OpenSource.
Sviluppo applicazioni web dinamiche (LAMP+Ajax)
Telefono: 0200619074
Telefono Cell: +39-3939890025 --  Fax: +39-0291390660

http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
http://www.ajaxblog.it        			MSN: michel at ziobuddalabs.it
						JABBER: michel at gmail.com