[support] Multisite on same database

Shyamala shyamala at netlinkindia.com
Thu Jan 10 03:53:32 UTC 2008

For multisite on windows:
http://drupal.org/node/32715

Read 'settings.php', in the sites/default folder, to understand how drupal
searches it's folder to locate the file storing a particular domain's
settings.php.

Drupal by default reads the settings.php file in the default folder. You can
configure the main portal settings in the default directory. The subdomains
a.com and b.com can be configured by creating two new folders under the
sites directory  called yourdomain.a.com and yourdomain.b.com. Each of these
folders should have it's own settings.php. In the settings.php of each site
you have to name the database to be used.

If you want some settings to be shared between the sites you could go in for
a shared database configuration.

refer: http://drupal.org/node/147828 for
Multi-Site, Single Codebase, Shared Database, Shared Sign-on 5.x

Shyamala
Netlink Technologies