[support] image_import's nodes with empty image field

Lucas GR lucas at lucasj.es
Thu Jan 17 02:49:25 UTC 2008

El  0, Lucas GR <lucas at lucasj.es> escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I have a drupal installation with a view that shows a set of thickbox
> images. Everything works great: image_cache, thickbox, views, etc.
>
> I need to upload some whole image folders
> contents quite often, and somebody recommended me to use the
> image_import.module.
>
> After installing the image module, I update drupal, then switch on the image_import
> module and define the import folder for image_import containing some
> image files.
>
> But when i select the images that I want to upload it creates a image
> node for each file, with its filename as title (without the extension)
> and the date of creation, but without the image!
>
> Do you know what should I do for inserting automagically each file into the image
> field of the created image node?
>
> Thank You in advance.
>
>      Lucas J. González

Well the reason why it didn't include the images was the 'image' type
that i had defined.

After deleting this type, image_import will automatically create an
'image' type and create all the image nodes correctly. And adding al the
fields that were included in the prior image type for avoiding mysql
queries syntax errors.

The ugly part of all this is that thickbox is unable to show the images
in a view as a presentation but does it as a bunch of single files (i.e.
no next or prev buttons).

Could it be an incompatibility of thickbox with the image type created
by import_module or is it simply my own clumsiness?

--
Lucas J. González