[support] Free tag field in FAPI form

Isaac Simon Hodes ISimonHodes at jwa.org
Fri Jan 18 17:57:16 UTC 2008

I have built a form using the Form API (Drupal 5). I'd like to add a way
for users to select/create taxonomy terms in a free tag vocabulary, then
associate them with one of the nodes that my form_submit function
creates.

taxonomy_form() does produce a list box with the pre-existing vocabulary
terms... but I'd like to have the text field (with javascript
autocomplete) that is normally used for free tag taxonomies, and allow
the creation of new terms on-the-fly.

Anyone know how to do this without eseentially re-creating the
functionality in taxonomy.module?

Thanks!