[support] Using views to create a category listing

Michael Hallager michael at networkstuff.co.nz
Sun Jan 20 03:36:17 UTC 2008

I've set up my sub category pages using views and applied the correct
configuration so that each page only displays the products relevant to its
category.

I have also assigned each page a URL.

But I can't work out how to create a categories page listing and linking to
the above sub category pages.

I tried several different options and non work.

This is the scheme I want-

1. Categories --> 2. Product listings within a category (teaser style) --> 3.
Product information page.

I have 2 and 3 all connected and working fine but I can't find the correct
combination of options to create 1, the listing of categories (linked to 2).

The closest I get is a listing of categories, but for some bizarre reason it
shows each category several times (It seems to show each category one time
per product within that category). I'm thinking this may be a bug?

Assistance please :-)