[support] Using views to create a category listing

Jean Gazis jgazis at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 21:09:27 UTC 2008

Go through the category admin and the view edit again, I'm pretty sure this
is something that can be turned on and off somewhere in there.

Jean Gazis

On Jan 19, 2008 10:36 PM, Michael Hallager <michael at networkstuff.co.nz>
wrote:

> I've set up my sub category pages using views and applied the correct
> configuration so that each page only displays the products relevant to its
> category.
>
> I have also assigned each page a URL.
>
> But I can't work out how to create a categories page listing and linking
> the above sub category pages.
>
> I tried several different options and non work.
>
> This is the scheme I want-
>
> 1. Categories --> 2. Product listings within a category (teaser style) -->
> 3.
> Product information page.
>
> I have 2 and 3 all connected and working fine but I can't find the correct
> combination of options to create 1, the listing of categories (linked to
> 2).
>
> The closest I get is a listing of categories, but for some bizarre reason
> it
> shows each category several times (It seems to show each category one time
> per product within that category). I'm thinking this may be a bug?
>
> Assistance please :-)

Jean Gazis
www.jeangazis.com
www.boxofrain.us

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it." - André
Gide