[support] cron stuck on a node. how to find which one

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 23 21:48:25 UTC 2008

Quoting Brett Evanson <brettev at gmail.com>:

> I have my cron getting stuck on a single node. I start getting the errors
> saying that cron is already running. I clear out the cron_semaphore variable
> and the cache variable, and it starts running the cron again, but won't go
> past whatever node it is getting stuck on. every time I clear the search
> index and rebuild it, it gets stuck on the same node, and I'd like to see
> what node that is, and see if I can do something to make it index the rest
> of the site.

Does admin/logs/watchdog give a clue?

Look at your server log files for php errors such as memory exhausted.
What is your php memory_limit set to?  Try increasing it [1].  The more
modules the more memory needed.  The more php errors that occur the
more memory is needed (at least that is what I'm discovering on a WAMP
service).

[1] In .htaccess [2] add ``php_value memory_limit 64M''.  Change 64M to
128M or 256M as needed.
[2] You can also change the php.ini file if you desire.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/