[support] how to make form print on less paper

Jean Gazis jgazis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 19:24:38 UTC 2008

The form is submitted as email. Where would the theme function be? In the
main site theme or in a separate place? (I'm not a programmer so I will need
this in baby steps, I'm afraid. I can cut and paste snippets, etc. )

Thanks for your quick response!

jean

On Jan 29, 2008 1:53 PM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:40:39 -0500
> "Jean Gazis" <jgazis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I created a long order form for a website that launched in
> > December. This duplicated a function from the pre-Drupal site and
> > it basically just emails the form to the site owner, it is not an
> > e-commerce function. There are a lot of items on the form and now
> > they are complaining that the form prints out as 3 pages even if
> > the person orders only one item.
>
> I think it depends on how you're sending the stuff they have to
> print... one way would be to have a custom theme_ function for the
> form that just unset the form items that are empty and then just call
>
> $output .= drupal_render($form);
>
> --
> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
> http://www.webthatworks.it

Jean Gazis
www.jeangazis.com
www.boxofrain.us

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it." - André
Gide