[support] cvs diff: list unknown files with question mark

augustin (beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Thu Jul 10 00:41:02 UTC 2008

On Thursday 10 July 2008 00:29:59 Jonathan Hedstrom wrote:
> > ? 1234.patch
> > ? 98734.patch
> > ? TODO.txt
> >
> > and then comes the diff output proper.
>
> Those are simply files that the CVS repository doesn't know about. They
> shouldn't cause any problems with the patch, but you can always edit
> them out if you want.

I know that. I still would like to have them listed. It is useful to know
which new files we have that we forgot to add (cvs add file) or which file we
have that we don't intend to commit.

So, the question remains: how can I configure CVS so that those files are
listed at the top of the patch, just like they are with Drupal CVS?

Thanks,

Augustin.