[support] cvs diff: list unknown files with question mark

Jonathan Hedstrom jhedstrom at opensourcery.com
Wed Jul 9 16:29:59 UTC 2008

augustin (beginner) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When developing using Drupal's CVS repository, if we do:
> cvs diff -up > new.patch
> at the top of the diff output, there are as many lines (starting with a
> question mark) as there are files in the local checkout that do not exist in
> the repository.
> Often, other patches would be listed:
>
> ? 1234.patch
> ? 98734.patch
> ? TODO.txt
>
> and then comes the diff output proper.
Those are simply files that the CVS repository doesn't know about. They
shouldn't cause any problems with the patch, but you can always edit
them out if you want.

Cheers,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Hedstrom                                     OpenSourcery
http://opensourcery.com                        Technology for Good