[support] cvs diff: list unknown files with question mark

augustin (beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Wed Jul 9 10:00:36 UTC 2008

Hello,

When developing using Drupal's CVS repository, if we do:
cvs diff -up > new.patch
at the top of the diff output, there are as many lines (starting with a
question mark) as there are files in the local checkout that do not exist in
the repository.
Often, other patches would be listed:

? 1234.patch
? 98734.patch
? TODO.txt

and then comes the diff output proper.

I have a local cvs repository for my own development work. However, when I do
cvs diff -up  against my local repository, the unknown files are not listed
as with Drupal's repository.

There must be a configuration option somewhere, but I cannot find it.

I've looked at the cvs official documentation, I've searched the web... but I
cannot find the answer.

I hope someone has the answer because it's a very useful feature.

thanks,

Augustin.