[support] cvs diff: list unknown files with question mark

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 10 12:06:40 UTC 2008

Quoting "augustin (beginner)" <drupal.beginner at wechange.org>:

> On Thursday 10 July 2008 00:29:59 Jonathan Hedstrom wrote:
>> > ? 1234.patch
>> > ? 98734.patch
>> > ? TODO.txt
>> >
>> > and then comes the diff output proper.
>>
>> Those are simply files that the CVS repository doesn't know about. They
>> shouldn't cause any problems with the patch, but you can always edit
>> them out if you want.
>

> I know that. I still would like to have them listed. It is useful to know
> which new files we have that we forgot to add (cvs add file) or which file we
> have that we don't intend to commit.
>
> So, the question remains: how can I configure CVS so that those files are
> listed at the top of the patch, just like they are with Drupal CVS?

Your CVS is controlled by the files in CVSROOT which can be checked out
and committed for changes; if you have appropriate karma to these
files.  Your working directory can also have a .cvsignore file that can
cause these files to be ignored.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/