[support] New members and unpublished content.

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Wed Jul 9 16:01:58 UTC 2008

I use a mini-module I found here: http://drupal.org/node/153462

to allow most of my members to skip moderation and have all content posted immediately.

the problem is that new users' content does go into moderation and they then get confused about not seeing it and recreate it all again. For example:

1. new user adds a comment to a forum post. There is a message on pressing Submit which says it's gone into moderation.

2. new user creates a video/photo page and attaches it to a OG group. They go to the group and see that their attached page isn't there, so they re-create it.

Is there a way of lessening this problem? What do some of you do about dealing with the user experience side of unpublished content. I have a big User Guide in which I mention all of this, but I still find my new users frantically looking for content they've just made and then remaking it when they can't track it down.

Neil