[support] how to get filtered userlist in cck field

Ratnesh - Geniekids geniekids at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 08:57:38 UTC 2008

Hi
I am struggling with something which i guess is simple - but could not find
a straight solution - hence this post.
This is my scenario (i run a  institute):
1. I have a CCK content type in which the faculty enters the observation of
each student
2. Each student's (drupal) role is defined by the program he is sighned up
for say progA, progB and ProgC
3. Further within each program (or role) each child is in a different class
or group - for this i have created a profile field called student_group -
say groupX and GroupY

so what i want is that when faculty want to enter observation they should be
able to "choose" the student's name
first filter by program name - say choose progA, then filter the list by
group name - say, GroupX

so they get user list (of students) only in ProgA & GroupX and select the
right name to enter observations.

Once they enter the observation - the student sees his observations (using
views)

How do i get the userlist filtered by these two levels - first by role and
then by student_group.

realise also that one student could be in more than one program (through
within a program only in one group). Which means that in the user profile
two roles are selected for such a student.

thanks in advance to help me set this up.

--
Ratnesh Mathur
91-80-25202510, 91-98450-45833