[support] Well, then ... taking advantage of Shai's generosity: adding links to user blognames

Steve Hays hays at ohio.edu
Mon Jul 21 18:27:19 UTC 2008

Bill,

I've installed Advanced Help, studied the documentation for Arg in
Views, and experimented with both Arg and Attachment.  I still haven't
been able to make any progress.

I think that what you suggest may misconceive what I'm trying to do.
It looks like your procedure would produce a list of entries in "Joe's
Blog" and another page listing the entries in "Sue's Blog."

What I want is one page that lists all blogs on the site:
	Joe's Blog
	Sue's Blog,
	etc.

I have produced that in Views.  What I can't seem to manage is a way
to include links to those titles that would take me to the top level
of each--the equivalent of

I have available the variable $account_blog_url (from Profile) to
supply the url, and as a workaround I have managed to replace the
normal Drupal link from user-picture to "user/$uid" with a link to
"blog/$uid" in template_preprocess_user_picture.  That is a clunky
sort of workaround, though--requiring that I instruct the user, "Click
on the picture to go to the blog."  There is no
template_preprocess_user_blogname, which is a customized field I
introduced into the Profile.  If there were, a simple Drupal linking
at the preprocess level would seem to be the thing to do.  A
programmer would probably know how to do such a thing, but I don't.
And I simply can't conceive of how to do it in Views.

So, I guess I need more guidance if you have time and energy to
provide it.

Thanks in advance,

Steve