[support] Where are my SQL db files?

Steve Hays hays at ohio.edu
Wed Jul 23 21:26:12 UTC 2008

Steve,

Here's the variable: mysqli://root:xxxxxxx@localhost/dd08.

PhP My Admin lists the following 3 databases, all of which seem to be
Drupal related:
	dd08 (which I created)
	information_schema (which seems to be Views related)
	mysql (which has 17 records that may or may not have anything to do
with the Drupal site.  I can't tell.)

Now, you need to understand that I'm not a programmer, and I don't
work in Terminal mode.  Instead, I'm using Mamp, which makes PhP and
SQL work within what I regard as a somewhat normal user interface.
Drupal also operates within Mamp.  So, I'm looking for actual files
and folders in System X, and what I find is the following:

Mamp >>db>>mysql>>dd08 (folder), ib_logfile0, iblogfile1, ibdata1,
mysql(folder).  [The comma-separated items are all the same level.]

The mysql folder contains 51 files with terminations in .frm, .MYD,
and MYI.  The dd08 folder contains only a single file called
"db.opt" (options?).
I find nothing in that folder that bears any similarity to
"information_schema."

So, I'm befuddled.  If I have to, I suppose I can learn enough about
Terminal mode to find the proper file and upload it.

I guess I don't even know quite what to ask.  Perhaps this will give
someone enough info to extend a suggestion.

Thanks,

Steve Hays
Department of Classics
Ohio University