[support] Drupal 5.8 pictures not showing

Peter Dow (DSS) pdow at dowsoftware.com
Mon Jul 28 15:01:38 UTC 2008

I'm running Xubuntu, Apache2.2.8 (Ubuntu), PHP 5.2.4, MySQL 5, Drupal 5.7.

Using the Garland them, I configured it to show user pictures in posts
and comments.  I uploaded a couple of pictures for a couple of user
profiles, and all that shows on the blog is a link with the text
"userid's picture".  Nothing in the user's configuration page shows
which picture is associated with that user.

The picture is in the files/pictures directory and is named
picture-1.jpg, but there is nothing in the drupal5 database "files"
table.  However, the users table shows the correct path for each picture
assigned to a user.

What's going on?

** *Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050
pdow at dowsoftware.com <mailto:pdow at dowsoftware.com> /

p.s. I've manged to get Clean URLs configured, but IE is still gives
"Access Denied" message when trying to login.