[support] strange problem with direct link to a file

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at juvox.it
Tue Jul 29 06:58:01 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have d5 and upload set to private mode.
I uploaded a file and its path is:
www.spazioausili.net/system/files/pcciechi_2008-14.zip
the strange thing is that about 80% of users have no problem download it.
but, other users, receive an error message that say that the website is temporary unavailable, or download start and crash after 1 second.
This is not random, it happens always to same users.
instead, if I give the link of the node and then users click to the attachment, the problem doesn't exist and all can download.
do you know if drupal has some difficulties when a user wants access directly to a file when private mode is enabled? Can I solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.