[support] Throttles

Steve Hays hays at ohio.edu
Tue Jul 29 20:50:12 UTC 2008

Friends,

Thanks to much help from this board, my site (www.ohiodialogues.org)
is up and functioning.  Occasionally it goes very slow.  I have
enabled caching in Performance.  I suspect there are other things that
you who've managed sites have learned that you might be willing to
share?

In particular, I'm wondering about enabling Throttle in the Modules
section.  I started to enable it for all modules.  Then I wondered
whether it might cause some troubles for some of them--Views, for
instance.

So, any advice on Throttles--or any other performance suggestions?

May thanks,

Steve Hays
Classics and World Religions
Ohio University