[support] strange problem with direct link to a file

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 29 14:17:31 UTC 2008

Quoting Simone Dal Maso <simone.dalmaso at juvox.it>:

> you wrote:
>

>> Sounds like maybe a timeout issue based on destination but maybe a
>> browser cache issue as well.  The "private mode" adds a lot of overhead
>> that you really don't want.  I recommend that you reverse that option
>
> noooooooooo.
> you have reason, I read about it and it's true.
> The only problem, a little problem, is that I have only 2 gb of
> files, all in the "files" folder that is my system path for drupal.
> Since I'm using the disknode module,because it allows to select files
> from server and attach them to more nodes, and it works only in
> private mode, I should:
> 1. download all files into my pc.
> 2. create a subdirectory of files called "private" and then, render
> it "private", it is possible, I saw some instructions about it.
>
> 3. upload all these files again, one node at the time...  in that
> different subdirectory
> ok, I will think about it, it seems terrible, but it was a great
> mistake I have done when drupal for me was only a game.
> thank you again.

I don't know about steps 1 and 3 but step 2 can be handled by a
.htaccess in that directory.  You may be able to accomplish the rename
of path by creating a batch process that will node_load(), change the
data, and node_save().  You'll have to give it a try in your
development server and decide which is best.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/