[support] strange problem with direct link to a file

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at juvox.it
Tue Jul 29 14:02:37 UTC 2008

you wrote:

> Sounds like maybe a timeout issue based on destination but maybe a
> browser cache issue as well.  The "private mode" adds a lot of overhead
> that you really don't want.  I recommend that you reverse that option

noooooooooo.
you have reason, I read about it and it's true.
The only problem, a little problem, is that I have only 2 gb of files, all in the "files" folder that is my system path for drupal.
Since I'm using the disknode module,because it allows to select files from server and attach them to more nodes, and it works only in private mode, I should:
1. download all files into my pc.
2. create a subdirectory of files called "private" and then, render it "private", it is possible, I saw some instructions about it.

3. upload all these files again, one node at the time...  in that different subdirectory
ok, I will think about it, it seems terrible, but it was a great mistake I have done when drupal for me was only a game.
thank you again.