[support] Search engine issue

Jonathan Hedstrom jhedstrom at opensourcery.com
Mon Jun 16 16:39:58 UTC 2008

Edward Peters wrote:
> Does anyone know a way of getting the search engine to index static html
> files in the files directory? The Search Attachments module does a good job
> with PDFs, Docs etc, but I don't know how to do plain html files.

It doesn't look like the Search Attachments module is currently
configurable to search through static html files that aren't registered
in the database (it pulls all it's lists of files to index from the
files table). However, aside from that small issue, it would be the
perfect module to accomplish such a task, and the work involved would be
as simple as replacing a db query with a directory scan, and configuring
what the module author calls Helper Apps to parse the html.

Alternatively, there is the Swish-E module
(http://drupal.org/project/swish) which appears to be very similar to
Search Attachments.

Cheers,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Hedstrom                                     OpenSourcery
http://opensourcery.com                        Technology for Good