[support] Severe Hanging (and sometimes MySql crashes) When Approving Comments

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 17 13:08:11 UTC 2008

Quoting Big Brother <ignorance.is.strength at gmail.com>:

> Thanks for the responses.
>
> I have too many modules to list them all... it would take too long.
>
> It's something to do with MySql accessing the comments table. It then
> locks and hangs.
>
> I am not using persistent connections.
>
> The Processlist indicates a number of 'SELECT count(node.nid) FROM
> node LEFT JOIN
> comments' statements which send data forever, and a few 'SELECT node.nid,
> comments.timestamp' which copy to tmp forever.
>
> Possible relevant modules:
> Karma
> Path
> Localizer
> Panels

The only suggestion I have is for you to start turning off modules
until you find the one causing the problem and then open an issue for
that module.  It may be a combination of modules causing an issue; some
modules are not compatible with other modules.  If you find a
combination issue then open an issue in both modules so that they can
document the travesty.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/