[support] Session problems

Sudheer sudheer.s at binaryvibes.co.in
Mon Jun 23 15:47:39 UTC 2008

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
>> The only thing I can think of is that for some reason users are getting
>> the same session id.  Perhaps setting up a cron session that empties
>> the session table once a day might help.
>>

> I could try that.
>

>> Drupal 4.7 is old and unsupported at this point in time as far as
>> security updates.  You might wish to move to version 5.7 sometime in
>> the near future.
>>

> Is that hard to do? I've been putting it off because it sounds
> difficult. I have a lot of plugins and I'm afraid that those will cause
> a lot of trouble.
>
> Daniel.

It is as easy as turning off the modules, upgrading Drupal core,
installing Drupal 5.x versions of the modules, running update.php and
you're done. I would recommend replicating your site on a local server
and upgrading it. Once you have successfully upgraded the site, you can
upload it to your server. You can even install PHP, Apache and MySQL
server on your desktop.

Regards,
--

With warm regards,