[support] Session problems

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Jun 24 08:37:21 UTC 2008

I have some additional information from users:

The problem (being apparently logged as someone else) only appears to
happen between users in the same location. Students are a school some
times appear to be logged in as a different student. But when they go
home, the site functions as it should.

If the problem is that sessions are not expiring and a new user comes in
to the computer, that would explain why it only happens at school.

If the problem is that somehow Drupal or PHP is giving out session ids
that have not expired yet, I'm not sure why hat should only happen
between users in the same location. Is the session id based on the IP
address? All users at the school would have the same IP. The school is
even likely to be behind a proxy.

Does this give anyone any ideas as to what might be the root problem?

Thanks

Daniel.