[support] Configure a module before it's enabled?

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Mon Mar 3 20:41:39 UTC 2008

You could always install it on a separate instance of Drupal,
configure it, and dump the relevant data from the variable table,
upload it to the new site, before enabling it.

As to the access rules, I have no idea what happened other than
Earnie's suggestion that it may have been previously installed.

-Mike

On Mar 3, 2008, at 8:39 AM, Roy Smith wrote:

> Is there any way to configure a module *before* it's enabled?
>
> I just turned on the path module.  I noticed that as soon as it's
> turned on, anybody is able to create path aliases.  It was easy
> enough to reconfigure it to only allow admins to do that, but for a
> short while (between the time I enabled it and got to configure it),
> it was open to anybody.
>
> For this, it's no big deal, but in general, it seems like a bit of a
> security hole.  There should be some way to enable the configuration
> of a module before it's really turned on.  Or is there, and I'm just
> missing it?
>
> I'm running drupal 5.7.
>
> --
> roy at panix.com