[support] Configure a module before it's enabled?

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Mon Mar 3 23:28:37 UTC 2008

Thank $Deity for Drupal Usability research!!!!!

Actual this is a touch semantic issue, as what is found in admin/user/
access, is referred to there, and by me and many others as
permissions, which are somewhat different than view, or node specific
access control.

admin/user/access Shouldn't be called "Access control" if you ask me.
I think this is fixed somewhat in Drupal 6, if not at least changed
some.

-Mike

On Mar 3, 2008, at 2:17 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Quoting Roy Smith <roy at panix.com>:
>
>> Hmmm.  It could be that I was misinterpreting what I saw.
>>
>> None of the checkboxes were checked.  I've seen other modules where
>> "none checked" means "everybody has permission" (for example, when
>> you edit a view, it says, "Only the checked roles will be able to see
>> this view in any form; if no roles are checked, access will not be
>> restricted.") and I just assumed that was globally true.  Was I hasty
>> in that assumption?
>>

> There are two methods being used.  You must check the Access and the
> other method such as is used by views says use the normal access check
> methods otherwise use the specified access roles.
>
> Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
> -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/

Michael Prasuhn
mike at mikeyp.net