[support] Goiod IRC clients

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 02:44:12 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Tom Holmes Jr. <tom at tomholmes.net> wrote:

> I am sorry, this is a little off-topic.
>
> Hey All ... I was just at DrupalCon Boston 2008 this week ... how many
> of you were there that I might have walked by?
> I was also at the Code Sprint today ... that was fun except for getting
> the wireless to work.
>
> Anyway, now that I am home and have my good internet connection back ...
> I was wondering what you all use for an IRC Client.
> I have OpenSUSE, so I was looking for a good IRC Client for Linux ...
> that's all.
>
> Thanks!
>                                  Tom

This is one of those things that can be a religious topic for some... :P

Personally, I'm a huge fan of irssi as well.  Being able to run in screen,
stay connected while diagnosing X problems, extensibility with lots of
available scripts, and superior handling of very large numbers of
concurrently joined channels are the main selling points for me.  On the GUI
front, I've found XChat2 to be usable (not xchat-gnome), Pidgin unbearable,
and Konversation is good, but I usually stick to Gnome for GUI stuff so
haven't done much with it.

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/