[support] Supplying alternate text for teaser, instead of <!--break-->

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sat Mar 8 15:50:52 UTC 2008

I've got a story which consists entirely of one large HMTL DL
(definition list) tag.  There is no logical (or, indeed, legal) place
to insert a <!--break--> for the teaser view; anyplace it goes will
result in an unclosed DL, which will generate badly formed HTML when
the page is viewed.  I can put the <!--break--> at the very top of
the story (resulting in an empty teaser), or at the very bottom,
resulting in a very long teaser.  Neither is ideal.

It would be nice if you could specify an alternate text to use for
the teaser, instead of just some leading subset of the story text.
Then I could make the teaser be the first entry in the list, which
would be perfect.  Can this be done?

roy at panix.com