[support] Layout

Ari Davidow aridavidow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:41:44 UTC 2008

As a general rule, it will be saner for you to markup the footer and handle
the formatting in the css file. (e.g., <div class="footer">... your footer
stuff </div>; then the appropriate markup in css). This lets you think about
the "footer" as its own object, and format it/change formatting as you
please--or as you need to, over time, and keeps you from burying crucial
formatting information where you will forget to look at it, or may not
notice it for what it is when it is late at night and you're making "just a
quick change."

It is also good, if you can, to go through current HTML so that you aren't
using deprecated markup (<center> is a long-deprecated tag). In practice, of
course, things will run fine with the deprecated code, but then you've added
an extra variable when you are troubleshooting, and won't be able to
validate the HTML on the page to help troubleshoot.

ari