[support] module support for drupal 6

Ari Davidow aridavidow at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 15:23:05 UTC 2008

If all of the modules that you use are currently available in 6, then it is
worth starting with 6. Otherwise, I would start with 5.7.

If you are starting a new site and a primary goal is to learn Drupal, it may
also be worth starting with 6; otherwise, if starting a new site (which we
are also doing), I would go with 5.7, get things working the way you want,
and then plan the migration for later in the year when you can replicate the
functionality you want (or refactor, taking advantage of 6, and improve).

By me, the crucial best practice is to plan and implement a new site using
tools that are as stable and complete as possible, always knowing that there
will =always= be a new version just released or on the horizon. There is no
harm done getting up to speed away from the bleeding edge (unless there are
specific features on that edge, or just plain being on the edge, matters).

ari